Regional Property Manager
Preservation Management, Inc. | Baltimore, MD
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI) is seeking an experienced Regional Property Manager for a portfolio of multi-unit affordable housing residential properties that will encompass properties in the Mid-Atlantic area (PA, MD, and VA). PMIs Regional Managers monitor the day-to-day operations of the properties in their portfolio and coordinate all on-site compliance activities.
Specific Duties Include:
- Monitor income and expenditures from property operations and submit regular reports to the Regional Vice President and/or to the owners.
- Assist the On-site Property Managers in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews, and workplace safety inspections.
- Recruit, hire, train and mentor new On-site Property Managers assigned to the property; ensure that proper staffing levels are maintained for all properties; monitor employee turnover.
- Conduct quarterly visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed.
- Communicate property management teams’ successes and concerns to Regional Vice President and to owners.
- Candidates should possess at least a 2-year college degree in Business Management or a related field
- 3-5 years related affordable housing property management experience preferred
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training
- Knowledgeable on the compliance requirements for federal housing programs such as LIHTC and Section 8
- Current knowledge of all applicable local, state, federal and industry standards required of property management agents, including: All HUD, Rural Development, and IRS rules and regulations specific to their assigned property;
- The position requires experience with business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and with on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager.
- Able to travel between sites 3 to 4 days per week
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefit package
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.