Maine Educational Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Accounts Payable GeneralistFalmouth, ME 04105
Entry Level (<2 years experience)
Position: Accounts Payable Generalist
Date Open: July 28, 2022
Date Closed: Until suitable candidate is found
The Maine Educational Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing/Governor Baxter School for the Deaf (MECDHH/GBSD) with early intervention programs and offices on Mackworth Island (located outside of Portland ME) is charged with the provision of statewide services to individuals who are Deaf and hard of hearing from birth through age twenty.
We are seeking an Accounting Support Technician with strong attention to detail and a can do attitude. This position interacts with many in our organization so the willingness to be part of a collaborative team is essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and process accounts payable.
- Verify the correctness and classification of transactions coded to accounting journals.
- Ensure all internal processes and procedures for payments and expense reimbursements are followed.
- Review monthly statements and resolve issues to keep accounts current and in good standing.
- Review for accuracy and prepare year end forms 1099/1096 and file in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly cash deposit.
- Identify and address pricing and/or receiving issues with staff.
- Schedule and assign vehicles to staff in order to maximize efficient use.
- Other miscellaneous duties.
** Minimum Qualifications**
Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience/training
Knowledge of, and ability to apply sound accounting principles to MECDHH/GBSD policies and internal procedures
Ability to prepare complete and accurate accounting and financial reports/statements
Ability to work independently while conforming to department policies and best practices- Current CHRC Certificate required
- Current CHRC Certificate required
A competitive salary and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, Maine Public Employees Retirement System and paid sick/personal/vacation time, is offered.
If interested in applying for this position please click the APPLY **link next to the Accounts Payable Generalist listing on our Career Opportunities website page. A complete job description is linked to the application. [_https://www.mecdhh.org/professionals/career-opportunities**_](https://www.mecdhh.org/professionals/career-opportunities)
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.