Contracts SpecialistYarmouth, ME 04096
Tyler Technologies is looking for a detail oriented Contracts Specialist to join our legal operations team. This role can be fully remote, hybrid, or in-person in one of our many offices throughout the US. The Contracts Specialist will generate, modify, and administer software contracts, amendments and related legal documents, and work closely with attorneys on contractual matters.
As a part of Tyler's corporate staff, you will make an impact on outcomes that affect various areas of the company. Your work will ultimately support our team members, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.LocationYarmouth, Maine | Bangor, Maine | Troy, Michigan | Remote
- Administer software contracts, modifications, and related contractual documents
- Prepare contracts and other legal agreements based on provided contracts.
- Assist with negotiating contract documents.
- Route contracts for required signatures, revenue review and compliance; organize and maintain electronic contract files and contract database
- Provide summary exceptions on client RFPs (requests for proposal)
- Assist in ensuring both contractual compliance and compliance with company policies
- Serve as a point of contact for clients, both internal and external, regarding contractual items
- Bachelors Degree coupled with contract administration or comparable paralegal experience; OR a High School diploma coupled with 5+ years of contract administration experience
- Prior experience in the public sector is helpful
- Strong analytical skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with software licensing and the administration of firm fixed price contracts and labor hour agreements a plus
- Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle, including proposals, administration, and close-out
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working independently and in a matrixed team.
- Basic understanding of liability issues and knowledge of software licensing and practices; experience with legal contract terminology or a desire to learn
- NCMA membership and CPCM/CFCM certification, or paralegal experience a plus
- Strategic and creative approach to problem solving preferred
- Basic negotiating skills a plus
Great Place to Work & Grow Your CareerCome join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades.Taking Care of You & Your FamilyYour health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.