Vermont Teddy Bear Company
Operations Scheduler and PlannerShelburne, VT 05482
The Vermont Teddy Bear Co. is looking for an Operations Scheduler and Planner to join our team. This position is primarily responsible for determining and reporting on DC labor and supply needs, coordinating and reporting on daily schedules, and facilitating all necessary data entry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Understand and report on full scope of work required of the Distribution Center on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis
Maintain and post Distribution Center employees' daily schedules, monitor call outs, and report on DC employees' dependability and overall Distribution Center attrition.
Maintain all working documents tracking labor need, productivity, supplies, and budget documents:
Peak Staffing Model, if necessary
Train and supervise seasonal scheduling staff.
Partner with Seasonal Recruiting to facilitate hiring need and on-board new seasonal employees.
Ensure support staff available to manage Groups and Friends and Family.
Responsible for adherence to the Vermont Teddy Bear Company's inventory control policies and procedures.
Adhere to peak vacation blackout periods and extended hours.
Will follow and enforce all ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by the Vermont Teddy Bear Company and the department.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Must have strong organization, communication and prioritization skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. repeatedly and overhead
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach repeatedly
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand for extended periods on a concrete floor
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior Customer Service skills, strong written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy, including experience using database and spreadsheet applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Co. offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and ability along with a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. Additional benefits include a generous time off package, 401(k) with match, a free gym membership and 50% discount on all our great products!